This type of service is available to support staff during challenging and difficult times in the workplace. The goal of General Debriefing is to contain distress and maintain focus and functioning from a personal, social and occupational perspective.
General Debriefing is common after an announcement that includes significant change that could affect an employee’s sense of security and certainty about the future in their personal life or in the workplace.
At Carfi General Debriefing aims to:
- Normalise stress reactions
- Diffuse the potential for emotionally charged situations
- Minimise the incidence of productivity / time loss
- Enable an amicable transition and / or separation for staff
- Ensure follow-up and link to appropriate supports for those who need additional assistance
- Provide any necessary feedback to develop a strategy for ongoing management.