Professional Counselling Service
It’s important for an injured employee to be assisted during recovery, so they can function as effectively as possible at work and at home. Which is why Carfi provide an EAP that’s developed by a team of qualified professionals experienced in providing personal and work related assistance. We use counselling and coaching techniques that are confidential, short-term and solutions focussed.
The referral can be made either as a self-referral by the employee, or a referral by a supportive team leader or manager.
Access to the EAP
EAP services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via face-to-face meetings or telephone within minutes in emergencies. The EAP is tailored to the organisation’s requirements - onsite at your premises or offsite through our network of serviced offices in the Melbourne metropolitan area and through our regional offices.
Presenting Issues during the EAP
A Carfi EAP service may cover the following issues:
- Psychological health issues (anxiety/depression)
- Personal / emotional stress
- Stress management
- Anger management
- Trauma counselling
- Adjustment issues
- Chronic pain
- Life transition / Career transition issues
- Relationship and family issues
- Self-esteem and self-development
- Substance-related issues
- Grief and loss
- Interpersonal conflict with peers and supervisors
- Management coaching
- Workplace Bullying / Harassment / Grievance Issues
- Work performance and role issues
Benefits for the employee include:
A confidential service which is voluntary and has no out of pocket expenses
- Promotes independence, improved work/personal performance and relationships for a wide range of issues
- Access to a broad base of external support services for longer-term assistance where necessary.
Benefits for the Organisation include:
- A dedicated Account Manager who understands the culture, policies and processes of the organisation and is responsive to the changing organisational needs
- A tailored EAP that is reviewed on a regular basis
- A reliable and effective service
- Interventions that are solutions oriented and focused on empowering employees with strategies and skills to solve their own problems
- Effective outcomes that can reduce and/or avoid costly stress-related absenteeism and help maintain productivity of the workforce
- A regular reporting function and the communication of emerging trends and hot spots within the bounds of confidentiality.